Whether you are building a new home or revamping the existing one, there are several benefits of brick fencing that you should consider. Right from keeping you safer to enhancing the overall curb appeal of your house, brick or stone fencing has its own charm. When you are selecting materials for the fence, you will get access to a wide number of options. Out of many options available out there, brick & stone fencing are highly preferred amongst homeowners. While brick & stone fencing have been a popular choice amongst traditional houses, most modern homeowners are also choosing this option to serve as the ideal fencing solution. In this post, we will help you know all about brick & stone fencing and its overall benefits.
An Insight into Stone & Brick Fencing
Stone and brick fencing have been in use for houses for several centuries. These materials have been used for building fencing areas along with other exterior components of houses. Moreover, another major feature of this type of fencing is that it helps in boosting the overall appearance of the house in a natural & effortless manner. Brick fences are known to be highly durable while lasting for several generations. They are also known to bring immense style & class to the fencing area that other materials are not able to give. They are also highly popular amongst many households. Moreover, the give fencing solutions can also be applied to offices and other buildings. There are several brick-based fencing designs that allow homeowners to be spoilt for choices. To top it all, brick fences are also available in multiple colors and shades.
Benefits of Brick Fencing
If you are considering the installation of brick or stone fencing in your premises, here are some of its benefits to consider:
- Highly Durable: Brick serves to be an extremely durable material. It is known to retain both its overall quality as well as appearance for several years after being built or installed. When clay bricks are fired in the kiln, the respective particles are known to fuse together. This helps in the creation of a material that serves to be extremely strong while retaining the overall color & shape.
- This turns out to be one of the major benefits of brick fencing. This is because it is not going to require any special care & maintenance. Moreover, there will also be no requirement of any replacement. Brick fencing is known to resist moisture while not getting damaged by insects. Therefore, you are not required to be worried about mold or rot on the fence.
- Protecting the Home from Extra Elements: Brick fences serve to be one of the most effective ways of protecting your home external elements. Brick tends to be fire-proof. This is the reason why it is utilized in the construction of ovens. Therefore, if you happen to be living in an area that is highly prone to wildfires, then the installation of a brick fence can prevent the same from spreading in the property.
At the same time, brick is also known to be wind-resistant. As such, it is capable of protecting your home to a specific extent from other harmful elements.
- Protection from the Intruders: As brick serves to be a highly durable and penetrable material, when you use the same as a fencing material, it is assured to keep you safe. This holds especially true if the fence that you install is high enough for discouraging the intruders from climbing the same. It is not difficult to penetrate into properties featuring wired or wooden fences having some ingenuity. However, brick serves to be a highly sturdy material.
- Bricks Appear Impressive: Bricks are known to appear attractive while adding a classic touch to your home. It stands irrespective of where you are living or how your home is constructed. The addition of a brick fence to the home definitely helps in improving the overall curb appeal of the home.
- Environmental Benefits: Brick is completely environmentally-friendly. It is designed and created in a manner that serves to be completely natural –out of raw materials that are easily available across the globe. The process of creating the brick material is also highly efficient while creating minimal waste items. Most of the brick manufacturers out there are known to make use of natural energy sources during the entire process of production. Moreover, you are capable of recycling brick as it is a form of natural material.
Types of Brick Fencing
Basically, you can come across two types of fences –open fences & closed fences. Closed brick designs for fencing are brick-centric walls having no gaps in between them. They are mostly utilized for providing ultimate privacy to the house’s yard. Therefore, these are typically built quite long in stature. Closed brick walls are also helpful in buffering the overall fence. Moreover, when you are using closed fencing, you also get to choose from multiple fence designs while creating eye-catching walls. This is because bricks turn out to be highly versatile.
You can look forward to creating occasional bricks or accentuating pillars that protrude from the walls to reveal the overall texture. Another common design is the open brick fencing design. It is primarily used for accentuating the overall beauty of the yard or the house. The given fences are known to be built usually lower than the closed fences. Therefore, when people pass through your house or yard, they can observe the entire property. The given fences are mostly brick pillars or posts that remain connected to each other with the help of iron fencing panels or wooden fencing panels. Some of the other common designs for open brick fencing feature posts or pillars being connected with the help of lower brick walls. However, the homeowners are given the opportunity to select their own designs while not being limited to the typical fencing designs. For the best outcomes, it is recommended that you should services from a reliable brick fencing contractor in your area. Let us give you a free estimate.